Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Miércoles Feliz!

Happy Wednesday :)

Today was our third day on campus! And it has been SO amazing!! The Dominicans are so welcoming and always want to talk to you! I have not been denied a conversation, or a spiritual conversation for that matter, by any one. People love to talk about God and love to share their life with you! I guess you could say there's no such thing as strangers here!

Today though was a very cool day for me. All semester long I had been really struggling with perfection. I don't know why, but looking back I am so thankful that I did. One thing that God really taught me this past semester was the fact that I am not perfect, and He did not create me to be. He revealed that a lot to me over the past the semester and today, I found out why. I spoke to a boy who was very confused about sin and God's love. He didn't think that he deserved to go to heaven even though he believed in God... anyways long story short I got to share with him my struggle with perfection this semester and what God says about that. It was SOOOO cool! Kinda like I was paying it forward!

But honestly it's been cool to see how God is using me so far. I wasn't really sure why He brought me here because I don't know much Spanish... but He is using me despite that. And the cool thing is... it's only our first Wednesday!!

I'm loving this place!! The culture is so inviting and exciting. Oh and it's so hot and I walk and sweat so much I've decided I will be eating ice cream or frozen yogurt every night. Ya, so far, I've stuck to that decision. Not hard to do though :)

Oh my other favorite thing is the fruit and the coconut water!! Fresh off the street!!
I hope I make some baseball player friends so I can play... that would be legen...waitforit...dary!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment