Sunday, June 3, 2012

Weekend Fun!

Sooooo this weekend was awesome!! Besides waking up sick yesterday morning!

Yesterday we got to adventure about an hour away to a private beach just past Boca Chica! It was beautiful!!! Palm trees... teal water... sunshine. But the water had a lot of algae which was a bummer!! I went swimming anyways of course! Then we explored the rocks. Found some blowholes, and an abandoned resort and pool! It was beautiful!! I got a bit burnt though. And I had to wear a one piece... modest is hottest right? SO I have a super cute tan line going on...

Today we had church and free time after church. Today, I woke up sicker than yesterday so sitting through 3 hours of church in Spanish was difficult. But, I made it through... and not without a lesson from the big man of course. I was sooooo tired and exhausted, but talking to my parents via skype livened my day! I took a nap and woke up refreshed and reminded of my purpose.

Week one was a whirlwind. But, God didn't let the pace stop him from teaching me more! Last week we had 7 people commit their lives to Christ!! It was cool!! I even got to be used by God to lead someone... Glory to him of course. But that's what He taught me. I was kind of discouraged that the people I had been witnessing to weren't receptive of what I was saying. But, then I started reading in the bible about why missions even exsists... and that's to glorify Him. No other reason... so after a major heart change I can excitedly say that God totally used me this week to glorify Himself. It was an experience that left me beyond humbled.

Tomorrow begins week two of campus ministry. That means date night with Jesus, women's night, more lessons from God, more conversations, more friendships and more divine encounters. I can't wait to see what God has to teach me this week!

I feel as if I've refallen in love with the Lord. I can't wait for quiet time in the mornings to listen to Him and reflect... I can't wait to see what He teaches me... and let me tell you, He reveals Himself daily!! I am so refreshed and so changed already!

Dear week dos,
bring it on!
Sincerily,
Colbs

No comments:

Post a Comment