Thursday, June 7, 2012

Being a Morning Person Might Be For Me

God has been teaching me so much these past few days!! I've been faced with a lot of difficult conversations with people. Which shock me here, but they are normal in America!

My team is continuing to go hard! We have the day off today because it is Corpus Christy... so there is no school! We're going to some local volleyball courts to hang out with the vida students though :)

These past few days I've been exhausted and emotional, but today God totally blew me away. Last night I was a little bit introverted and just wanted to get away... living with 20 people in one house, and 11 girls in one room can be a bit exhausting and overwhelming at times. It's hard, and it feels a little cramped, but I love it :) Anyways, this morning I went to Zona Colonial... and that was totally God. Maybe being a morning person might be for me... Usually a 6:30 am wake up call is not my favorite thing, but I felt like I had to go. So I did. And it was AMAZING! God totally used the colonial district to revive me and reveal himself to me... It was like He was there whispering, "Colbie, this is why you're here, don't forget you love this country."

And do I ever. This country is a beautiful mess. But among this mess is the presence of God. Everywhere. I'm humbled in His presence and I'm holding fast to the hope and the strength that He provides me.

In Christ,
Colbie

No comments:

Post a Comment