Thursday, June 14, 2012

This Past Week!

This past week has been a crazy ride!! Last Saturday we went to Tres Ojos which is this crazy beautiful cave hike!! Then we went Zona Colonial which is beautiful as well!! Saturday was awesome, but its when the mid project blues set in. I didn't get super homesick, but I did start to get annoyed of the culture here. I was tired of being called "Americana," and tired of people pushing everything in my face. It felt like all they wanted was my money, which does not make me happy. Saturday was rough, but along came Sunday, and that's when my attitude started to change. We had church for three hours which was a perfect time to dive into the word, and I found a cappuccino machine which kicked my Starbucks craving! Sunday evening me and two other students got to cook family dinner for our team, and considering we were all craving mexican food, we made TACOS :) Totally was the highlight of my day!!

This week has been just as crazy as this past weekend. Monday I had a hard time on campus, I felt like I had hit a wall. No one was receptive to what I was saying, it was hot, actually ten times hotter because it rained that morning, and I felt useless. But God is faithful, and brought Tuesday along, which brought an atheist to me and two other girls. We got to talk to him about all of his questions, and got in a pretty heated discussion, which left me praying a majority of the time because I got so frustrated. Tuesday night though, it struck. And by it, I mean food poisoning... Dun dun dunnnn. I was the first to start it off, then four other girls followed shortly behind me. We've been in quarantine since Tuesday night, but thankfully today I am feeling much better. I actually ate something today too which is quite impressive!!

This weekend we will be camping with the Vida Estudantil students. I am so excited to see how God is going to move!! There are students going that haven't accepted Christ yet which will be an awesome experience for them! Please be praying for this camping retreat! Pray that God moves and lives are changed.

Mucho Amor,
Colbs

No comments:

Post a Comment