Thursday, June 21, 2012

It's Been Quite the Whirlwind

So, it's been exactly a week since I've written last. I started out so strong with this little blog, writing as often as I could, but lately, life has been, well for lack of better words, quite the whirlwind.

I can officially say that I've been to two opposite sides of the island. This past week we went to Cabarete, which is just a little bit away from the ever so popular Puerto Plata. But more about that later... for now, I need to tell you about CAMPAMENTE!

Campamente was the best experience ever. God totally blew my mind! I went into it expecting to learn little, and to be miserable in all honesty. But, I was far from miserable and learned so much! The "camp" was more like a mansion in the amazing Dominican Rainforest. It was BEAUTIFUL! I had quiet time in a HAMMOCK, daily! I got to fully experience God, and listen to Him too, which is incomparable to any other experience. Me thinking He wasn't going to teach me anything, HAH, ya right. One main thing He taught me how to wait on His timing. I feel like His timing has been the theme of this summer. It started with support raising, and is coming up everywhere. I think sometimes I fear that I have all these dreams and goals, and that God doesn't want that for me. But, that is for sure false. He wants everything to do with them, He wants to be apart of them, holding my hand; He wants to be in control of them. And that's what I did this past week, I gave it up. It was amazing. I surely had no idea that Campamente would have such an impact on me, but I am thankful that it did!

The key verse that stuck with me from this past week is Psalm 16:11
"You make known to me the path of life;
You will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand."

He knows the path of my life, and He has known it for sometime. What an awesome reality!!

This past week we have spent in Cabarete. Cabarete is a small little beach town on the North side of the island. Mainly, touristville. We had our mid-project retreat at a lovely little resort. Mid-project retreats are a time for relaxation. We spend every week day on campus, so the retreat is our chance to relax, and focus on God. It was a bit of a culture shock... but as I am now back in Santo Domingo, I cant decide which is more shocking, being there or here. It was so "Western" there I didn't need to use my poquito knowledge of Spanish at all. Now that I'm back in Santo Domingo, it's weird to not understand people again. I'm sure I'll get back in the swing of things.

I can't believe I only have 9 days left!! 9! That seems like crazy talk to me! In these next 9 days I have much to do, and much to learn. 6 of these 9 days will be spent on campus sharing the gospel. Only 6 days on campus left?! Holy Moly!! I can't believe how fast it went. Everyone keeps saying YOLO (You Only Live Once), or on my team YOCDRO (You Only Come to the Dominican Republic Once), but I am going to have to say that that is false. Well not the first one, but the second one for sure is. This is definitely not my last time here. I love it here! So much!!

Who knows what's in store, I sure don't. And, I'm perfectly alright with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment